Here are some of the major efforts by Essity to help in the global response to COVID-19 epidemic:
In addition, local efforts have been done from all over the world. Here is a collection of some recent ones:
- 100,000 products donated to In Kind Direct, a charity that distributes product donations to UK charities working both domestically and abroad
- 60,000 toilet rolls donated in partnership with the Northumberland County Council benefitting local charities and community groups close to our Prudhoe manufacturing site.
- 51,600 items of personal protective equipment including masks, gloves and glasses donated to support hospitals in Tuscany
- €20,000 to support the building of the new Covid19 hospital in Milan, along with a supply of our products including pads, hankies, napkins etc.
- Donation to Croce Verde Lucca (NGO managing local ambulance volunteers service) to help them buy urgently needed equipment to sanitize ambulances
- 12,000 masks given to the French authorities for distribution to health professionals in hospitals
- "Merci CRF": the French Red Cross thanks companies for their support on Twitter, including Essity who donated 10,000 packs of tissues for their emergency kits
- Donation to ADSF, an NGO that Nana supports to help women in need
- Colleagues in several manufacturing sites donated products to support local communities during this difficult period.
- Donated toilet paper to a number of organizations including:
- Diakonie Sozialstation home care service
- Universitätsklinikum Mannheim, Mannheim's biggest hospital
- Civil protection agency (Katastrophenschutz) Ludwigshafen /DLRG
- Donated a pallet of toilet paper and one of household towels to the Siedlergemeinschaft Schönau (an organization who give care packages to their elderly members)