Essity will improve access to sustainable sanitation and hygiene solutions where needed.
We aim for efficient water management throughout the whole life cycle.
We will continue to identify potential areas for value creation in relation to water and sanitation
We´ll work with partners to identify sanitation needs and develop solutions
Outcome 2014-2017 for our plants:
- Reduced suspended solids by 19.7%
- Reduced water usage by 4.7%
- Reduced organic content (BOD) by 25.4%
Example of partnership:
WSSCC (Water Supply and Sanitation Collaboration Supply)
WASH pledge by WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development)
By 2020, with 2014 as reference year, our plants will:
- Reduce levels of suspended solids by 10%.
- Reduce water usage by 10%.
- Reduce organic content (BOD) by 10%.