Essity will improve access to sustainable sanitation and hygiene solutions where needed.
We aim for efficient water management throughout the whole life cycle.
We will continue to identify potential areas for value creation in relation to water and sanitation
We´ll work with partners to identify sanitation needs and develop solutions
- Our plants reduced suspended solids by 1,6%
- Our tissue operations reduced the water usage by 1.5% and organic content (BOD) by 3.3%.
- By the end of 2016, 61% of Essity´s wholly owned hygiene products’ production sites complied with the standard. For the remaining sites actions plans are in place to be compliant by end of 2018.
Example of partnership:
WSSCC (Water Supply and Sanitation Collaboration Supply)
WASH pledge by WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development)
Essity´s Water target and Wash pledge
- Our tissue plants will reduce suspended solids by 10%.
- Our tissue operations will reduce the water usage by 10% and organic content (BOD) by 10%.
- Essity signed the WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) pledge in 2015. The pledge is an initiative linked to the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). By signing the pledge, Essity undertakes to comply with a prescribed workplace WASH standard for its wholly owned units within three years. This includes areas such as workplace sanitation and health issues, as well as training to improve employees’ awareness.